a. bullate.

Dictionary of difficult words. 2015.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • bulliform — adj. [L. bulla, bubble; forma, shape] Bubble shaped …   Dictionary of invertebrate zoology

  • bulliform — adjective Having a blistered appearance; bullate …   Wiktionary

  • bulliform — shaped like a blister or boil Shapes and Resemblance …   Phrontistery dictionary

  • bulliform — bul·li·form …   English syllables

  • bulliform — ˈbu̇ləˌfȯrm adjective Etymology: Latin bulla bubble + English iform : shaped like a bubble : bullate used chiefly of plant structures …   Useful english dictionary

  • Bulliform cells — are large, bubble shaped epidermal cells that occur in groups on the upper surface of the leaves of many grasses. Loss of turgor pressure in these cells causes leaves to roll up during water stress. During drought, the loss of moisture through… …   Wikipedia

  • bulliform cell — noun : one of the large thin walled apparently empty cells that occur in the epidermis of many grass leaves and that by their turgor changes cause rolling and unrolling of the leaves thus regulating water loss called also hygroscopic cell, motor… …   Useful english dictionary

  • bullate — adjective a) Resembling a bulla or blister; inflated; blistered; bulliform. b) Of bacterial cultures, having a a growth which is blistered; rising in convex prominences …   Wiktionary

  • Shapes and Resemblance — This assortment of 370 adjectives all refer in some way to the form or shape of things. Some are more geometrically descriptive than others, while a number of terms refer to animal forms or shapes of obscure objects. Certain adjectives for shapes …   Phrontistery dictionary

  • hygroscopic cell — noun : bulliform cell …   Useful english dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.